Cyanide separator patented by Arnold Holstein
The purest copper effectively binds cyanide and ethyl carbamate thanks to our slat technology and the associated surface area increase, and guarantees permanent prescribed limit values.
Holstein slot technology contributes demonstrably to improved quality of the distillate. Distillates that are produced with our catalyst often get the best results in blind tastings. Furthermore, sensory and scientific tests at the University of Hohenheim showed clear qualitative advantages.
An excerpt from a doctoral thesis at the University of Hohenheim: “The Holstein catalyst does not have any dephlegming properties and therefore has no influence on the reflux ratio. However, the influence on the quality of the distillate is considerable, primarily because all negative substances (e.g. ethane acid) are bound by the copper surface, while value determining ingredients ( e.g. higher alcohols) on the other hand are not depleted. Distillates that are distilled with the catalyst are judged the highest with regard to sensory factors.”
An overview of the benefits
- No formation of additional phlegm
- Slower components are restrained
- Delayed appearance of post-flow components
- Verifiable quality improvement of the distillate by using our slot technology
- Highly durable thanks to the largest possible copper surface area
- vertical installation above dephlegmator (patented installation position)
- side installation possible when room height is low
- large copper surface area with specially shaped and wound copper sheet
- active copper surface facing the flow direction
- available either connectible or disengageable
Thanks to the vertically designed slot catalyst the distillation process runs without any pressure, creating good flow ratios and maximum effectiveness. Holstein catalyst technology thereby guarantees the reduction of undesired acids, cyanides and ethyl carbamate values below legal limit values.
Mode of action
The efficiency factor of the cyanide separator (catalyst) is tested with a cyanide test.